Monday, July 23, 2012

Just keep swimmin, just keep swimmin...


Ah ha! Finally all those years of being the most persistent little girl (mostly about trying to get clothes) has done some good! I have been researching and researching the outdoors club on campus and around the general Sydney area, but with little to show for it. But finally after emailing the club president on campus and searching for a sign-up booth on the club fair day (both with no success), I managed to find an outdoors club BBQ advertised. 
However, my friend Charlotte who was also interested could not attend and I was nervous to go alone. I thought about just tossing the idea, hoping that it would be a waste anyways - but then my friend Ali said she would go with me.
 After having some trouble finding the venue, we made it and the struggle paid off. Friendly people, lots of manly men, and a club that actually does stuff! Do you know how many clubs on campuses don't actually do anything because no one can get their act together??! Well not this one! We talked to this guy for a while who told us all about the trips they do and that there is usually one a week - from hiking, kayaking, climbing, to white-water kayaking, etc. Thank god! I was a happy Lily to hear all that. 
Another organizer we talked to mentioned that she loved all the study abroad students who joined on last year and she was thrilled to have more! Then two girls, also new members, came up and started talking to us. One of them is a psych major like me! 
Things are looking up, these seem to be just the kind of people I was hoping to meet. Although that one guy did say that the club was more like a drinking club…well as long as it's on top of a mountain I'm ok with that! 




No comments:

Post a Comment