Monday, August 13, 2012

A little slow...sorry!

After some more computer trouble, I am back on the wagon! And more so than ever, as I am spending more time in the library because midterms are approaching. I can't believe I've already been here over a month! It's challenging to balance experiences with Uni work but I'm managing pretty well. My friend Charlotte and I are making a bucket list because we are worried time is escaping us! Last week after Mt. Bogong, I was invited to go rock climbing at this indoor gym at Sydney University on Thursday nights. The outdoors club goes there every week and when the president invited me I told him that I would bring pretty girls with me. He laughed. Little did he know that I don't mess around. That Thursday I showed up with three pretty girls ready to climb! He was impressed. The head guy working at "The Ledge" helped us with gear and showing us the ropes (literally). It was packed in there by 7:30! We weren't as bad as we expected! Everyone was having a lot of fun (whew! I was a little worried my friends weren't going to have a good time and then blame me for dragging them along). The president then invited us out to a nearby pub that they go to every night after climbing. We stayed to climb some more and ended up staying until close! By the end of it I was sweating a lot and could barely feel my forearms - I also spontaneously climbed to the ceiling from a rope ladder! We headed over to the pub and found a lively group of guys waiting for us! We had drinks and chatted all night. Going to the ledge again this week and Charlotte and I are going to try to go on the surfing trip coming up! Yippee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment