Sunday, September 23, 2012

Boree Log!

Just had a fantastic weekend. It was the outdoors club's annual weekend adventure trip to the Blue Mountains (North of Sydney) in Boree Log. The weekend was set up with two full days of activities and then a bonfire party on the Saturday night. There were tons of activities planned such as canyoning (think sliding down waterfalls in wetsuits), bushwalking, climbing, abseiling, and the club's favorite - slackling (basically tight rope walking between two trees). I had a field trip for my marine environment class on Saturday morning so I couldn't join until Saturday night. Charlotte took the three hour train ride up to the mountains on Friday night and got to canyon for the whole day! So jealous, she said it was great but the water was pretty freezing since it's still "winter" here.

We joined back up Saturday night for club festivities - helped cook a mexican themed meal for about 50 club members at the campsite. I made a delicious guacamole in the dark with only a spoon and some spices! But then again everything tastes better when you're camping! Such a great night with singing and dancing around the campfire, meeting new people, and hearing about stories from past Boree Log adventures!

On Sunday everyone was pretty tired from the previous day so we decided to take it easy. I joined the slacklining trip which was supposed to be pretty relaxing. There's this guy in the club who loves slackling and wanted to try waterlining so we drove to a remote river spot. There were about 12 of us packed into 3 big trucks. No one really knew how long the drive to the river was going to be, but it turned out taking about two hours down the windiest, roughest road. I swear we drove the entire Blue Mountain ridge...it was crazy off-roading. Charlotte and I were in the backseat with the club president and his friend in the front. Windows down, music blasting, driving into the wilderness. And as much as I love the city and urban areas, I realized I love the outdoors much more. Not a better feeling than an adventure, enthusiastic company, and the wind blowing in my face. Finally we got to the river spot and walked 1 km to a bridge near the river. Slid down some waterfalls, tried waterlining (pretty unsuccessful), and enjoyed the sun with some new friends! "I cry just a little, when I think of letting go."

Perfect weather the entire weekend. Life is GOOD.

(Delicious burgers on the 4 hour drive back to Sydney, wow am I lucky! Yeeha! Pictures below!)


Simon and James slacklining!
   Our sweet ride!
The bridge- one person at a time!
Ridin in the back!

Blue Mountain range!








No comments:

Post a Comment